We’re All In for Skin
We all have mornings where we’re strapped for time yet still need to look like we know how to pull it together. Trust me when I say, this is most mornings for me! Any other grade-A procrastinators out there? I’m so glad to finally have my skincare routine down pat.
Recently, I’ve been getting more comments on my skins’ health, and questions about what I’ve used to improve my historically problematic skin (ance). So, what was the turning point?
About six months ago, I started doing my research and found a Birmingham dermatologist that knew their stuff! We decided to start out by doing a few skin treatments.
So far, I have done Microneedling and Hydrafacials at Skin Wellness Center in Homewood. Dr. Hartman and his team also suggested some seriously amazing products for an easy morning and nighttime skin routine that was doable, even for a beginner like me.
I’m excited to share both morning and nighttime regimens, as well as my 5-Minute Face routine. Let’s start with the A.M.
Up and At ‘Em – Morning Skincare Routine
1. Wash Face
- For my morning skincare routine, I like to start with a gentle cleanser and this SkinCeuticals Foaming Face Cleanser has been a game changer for me
2. Hydrate & Protect
- LADIES! If you hear nothing else in this post hear this… Antioxidants are your new best friend! Especially for those of us in our 20’s, 30’s we need to protect from free radicals. I’ve been using SkinBetter Science Alto Defense Serum and it’s wonderful. 1 bottle has lasted me over 6 months! While the price tag can seem heavy at around $100, it surprisingly lasts a long time.
- Here’s another option for less – the Radiance Serum by Beauty Counter
- Next, hydrate and plump your skin with a moisturizer and SPF
The 5-Minute Face
As I noted earlier, all my makeup items need to be small (carry them on-the-go), but pack a lot of punch! These products will give you a smooth & natural look in no-time!
- Tinted Eye Primer – Matte Beige
- Eye Shadow Palette with this brush
- Foundation with this brush
- Bye Bye Under Eye Brightening Concealer (light fair)
- Bronzer with this brush – under $8
- Blush – I just got this one, but also love this for a darker glow which will look great with a tan! Blushes are so hard to buy online because the photos definitely do not depict the color well. None of these are orangey — they are more pinky and bright!
- Brow Gel (Light Blonde)
- Mascara – I’ve been using Loreal Double Extend since high school and love the way it comes off in hot water. Other mascaras flake in my eyes and I hate buying makeup wipes and removers, and I don’t need either with this mascara.
- Lip Moisturizer – Just discovered this brand on a podcast and I’ve been using for a month or so. I also love their lip mask.
And there you have it! With enough practice, you’ll have this routine down in five minutes flat.
How do you save time in the morning?
- Bronzer – in shade Dune
- Highlighter – in shade Halo
- Foundation in Light 210
- Eye Shadow Palette
BONUS: My Night Time Favorites