Football season is right around the corner and there’s no way you’re cheering on the Tide without a Yellowhammer in hand. Get the recipe below, and fuel your team up by making some of my favorite game day appetizers like, Guacamole, deviled eggs, and hot spinach artichoke dip. Roll Tide!
The Skinny Yellow Hammer
If there were ever a drink to define a gameday experience in Tuscaloosa, Alabama, it would be the Yellow Hammer. Whether it’s your first trip to Gallettes or your 30-year college reunion, there’s something about the concoction in that bright yellow cup that screams “IT’S GAME DAY!”
Best Game Day Cocktail in Tuscaloosa, AL
Gallettes is one of the more popular bars in Tuscaloosa and depending on the opponent, you may have to wait a hot minute to get your Yellow Hammer fix. On your typical non-conference game, there may be as many as 10 people waiting in line, but that is nothing compared to a SEC home game. You can expect to wait upwards of 15 minutes to 45 minutes to get inside the gates of this college town bar. There are three sections you’ll want to know about.
- The front outside area will have a cash bar where you can find this delicious libation starting to flow.
- Once you walk into the main bar area you’ll have a few more chances to bustle up to the bar and grab a bartender’s attention. The great thing about ordering a Yellow Hammer is that they are pre-made so you won’t have a long wait time to start getting your “drink on.”
- Knock down a few Yellow Hammer drinks and you’ll eventually make your way up to the BOOM BOOM ROOM.
We love visiting this bar and especially the BOOM BOOM ROOM about an hour pre-game. Gallettes is right next to the stadium so you’ll be in a prime position to walk straight to your section just in time to watch warm-ups and the hype video before kick-off!
Gallettes Famous Yellow Hammer Drink Recipe
Sometimes you can’t get to the bar when you’re down in Tuscaloosa for a game day (Yes, here in the South we refer everything to down, even if you’re coming from the South, East or West). We get it, there’s so many tailgates and pre-games to see! Luckily, we have a better way to get your Yellow Hammer fix. We are sharing a skinny version of the famous Gallettes Yellow Hammer, and you’ll only need a few ingredients. Ready, Set, Hike!
Skinny Yellow Hammer Cocktail Recipe
- 4 cups Trop 50
- 2 cups Pineapple Juice Libby's Skinny Juices
- 1 cup Vodka
- 1 cup Malibu Rum
- 1/2 cup Amaretto
Combine all ingredients into large pitcher. Stir and serve over ice.
Garnish with maraschino cherries (optional)
Suggested Ingredients for Skinny Yellow Hammer
- Trop 50 (Orange Juice)
- Libby’s Skinny Pineapple Juice
- Redmont Vodka
- Malibu Coconut Rum
- Disaronno Amaretto