I don’t remember exactly how I landed on the monitor we did, I’m sure it was after seeing it from a social media influencer to be completely honest. Yes, I too get great recommendations from complete strangers!
When I was pregnant and making my registry I was so overwhelmed with all of the options and information, and really didn’t even know where to start. At the time, I only had one close friend who had gone through pregnancy and we were pretty close in timeline so, she was likely in the “figuring it out stage” as well.
But, I did my best to research and decided to take a chance on some products. Spoiler alert: some lived up to the hype, but many of them didn’t.
Truth be told, I never thought I’d become a “mom blogger” and I still don’t really consider myself to be one. I would say I’m just a regular gal sharing her experiences with becoming a new mom. I have found a real passion in connecting with moms of all stages through Instagram.
I often turned to them for questions, concerns, emotional support, validation, etc. And many have found a lot of comfort and education in watching me share my experiences. When I get feedback from them, I can’t help but think that me “just sharing” has a much bigger purpose and impact than I may sometimes realize.
If you are reading this and thinking “Oh my gosh! I’m so overwhelmed and don’t even know what is coming.” Then, yeah, you’ve got it about right.
There’s a laundry list of things “you don’t know until someone tells you” when it comes to pregnancy, birth, motherhood, postpartum, etc.
I hope to be able to offer you some insight, helpful tips, and some realness throughout your journey. My goal is to share things I wish I would have known that would have made my life a little easier.
Ok, So What’s the Best Baby Monitor?
On this blog and on Instagram you’ll find me sharing things that seem mundane like comfortable undergarments to wear while pregnant and postpartum. You’ll also find massive nuggets like in today’s post that will save you sanity and MONEY.
Today, I’m sharing with you my best baby monitor hack.
With my baby monitor solution and set up you’ll invest in a quality baby monitor and save on:
- Breathing monitor technology like the Owlet
- Expensive sound machine like the Hatch
- Possibly a 2nd bassinet
Essentially, with this set up I’m going to show you today you could you hundreds of dollars!
Nanit Baby Monitor – Honest Review
What we like:
- You can use your phone and keep the sound on in the background of your phone. This does depleat your battery pretty quickly. So definitely keep a charger close. At night, it’s fine because my phone is connected to the charger anyways. We also have an iPad we leave for sitters to watch her on the app.
- You can see your baby from ANYWHERE. Because the camera is connected to Wi-Fi you can access the camera from your phone (even on 5G) and so you can check in on your baby even when you are away.
- Alerts your phone when noise or movement occurs. You can adjust the sensitivity of these triggers within the app
- We can move the camera around and take it with us when we travel. You need to purchase the $50 multi-stand.
- You can see the room temperature and humidity
- Excellent camera quality and nightmode
- Has a built in sound machine with white noise, waves, birds, and wind
- The app is super comprehensive with milestone information and helpful mom tips
- Has a built in walkie talking feature
- Comes with breathing band and breathing technology so you don’t need to spend money on the Owlet sock.
- Nanit has a full online store of products that you can use with the camera. So when they outgrow the first breathing band, you can get a bigger size and sleep sacks!
What we don’t like:
- When wifi cuts out in the house, which rarely happens but has happened less than a handful of times.
- False alarms of breathing band going off – this has only happened once. In the few weeks we used the Owlet it happened more than twice which is one of the major reasons why we gave it up
I’ll be adding more links and details to this post over the next few days. I have to hop offline and eat and put Emma down! Please sign up for my email list to get updated when more info is added to this post over the next few days. Thanks for being patient with me as a full-time working mom 🙂 I love helping you on your journey!