Protein Shake Diet
Raise your hand if you’ve ever created a truly disgusting smoothie? Too much powder, overloaded on the greens, not enough fruit, too much water… Yeah I’ve been there, and they’ve gone straight down the sink.
It’s pretty frustrating after you just prepped all the ingredients, assembled your blender, and then end up having to clean it all up without being able to reap the benefits!
GOOD NEWS: There’s a smoothie powder that helps to provide all the best ingredients without tasting like total dirt. In fact, it actually produces the best tasting smoothie I’ve ever had with fewer ingredients and more superfoods than before. Deanna from Well and Worthy Life and I teamed up to bring some of our favorite products to make a deliciously healthy smoothie
Subscribe to be updated on new posts, giveaways, and exclusive codes
Best Breakfast Smoothie
I use Philosophie Superfood Powders in my breakfast smoothies and highly recommend! These powders are full of nutrient-rich ingredients and my favorite is the Cacao Magic. This blend is created with Chinese herbs, rare medicinal mushrooms, and superfoods sourced from all over the world, including raw cacao powder, which provides the blend’s chocolate flavor.
Healthy Chocolate Smoothie
The reason why this superfood powder is such a game changer when it comes to smoothie making is that it includes all the extra add-ins like hemp and chia that you would normally have to buy separately and measure out individually to complete a protein packed smoothie.
The other major plus is that it includes more immune-boosting and detoxifying ingredients that you may not know about. Here are the ingredients you’ll get in the Philosophie Cacao Magic and their benefits:
organic cacao powder
- Basically unprocessed chocolate in it’s purest form. Its botanical name is said to mean “food of the god’s” and it’s turbocharged with magnesium flavonoids, calcium, iron, zinc, copper, potassium, and manganese to name a few – Women’s Health Mag UK
organic cacao nibs
- Many of the same benefits of cacao powder, the cacao nibs are high in fat and fiber, which is great for a ketosis diet, and will help you stay fuller longer – Dr. Axe
- Reishi is an edible type of medicinal fungus. It’s a part of the mushroom family, so you know it’s full of amazing health and healing benefits. When reading about this superfood ingredient, an article stated that many studies have shown that reishi mushrooms have antioxidant abilities that allow them to strengthen the body’s defenses against cancer, autoimmune diseases, heart disease, allergies, infections and more. – Dr. Axe
- Yes, my first thought goes to bbq and brisket, but actually, this ancient powder doesn’t have a smoky flavor at all. The mesquite pods have been used for centuries as a healthy, natural sweetener that is full of fiber so you won’t experience sugar spikes! – Green Blender
- This superfood hasn’t hit the mainstream yet, so you may not recognize its name. Maca root is a plant native to Puru and has been traditionally used to enhance fertility and sex drive. Read more about its benefits on Healthline.com
organic chia seeds
- They are an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids, rich in antioxidants, and they provide fiber, iron, and calcium.
organic hemp protein
- Excellent source of amino acids. Can help with weight-loss and heart health
You’ll find me using this Cacao Magic in the healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie recipe below, and also in this superfood hot chocolate drink recipe.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
- 2 tbsp Cacao Magic from Philosohpie
- 1 tbsp bee pollen
- 3 cups Elmhurst Chocolate Milked Peanuts (option: sub this with almond or coconut milk)
- 1 cup frozen bananas
- 1/2 cup ice
- water to loosen for desired consistency
A lot of really good smoothies have a creamy element, which is most often achieved by adding milk or yogurt. I recently discovered plant-based milks when I was asked to become an ambassador for the National Peanut Board. They send me new peanut-based products to try and that is how I discovered the Elmhurst Peanut Milks. They are PERFECT for smoothies, sauces, and probably so much more than I have yet to uncover! Stay tuned for more experiments in the kitchen using these plant-based milks from Elmhurst 1925.
P.S. – If you have a peanut allergy, they have other types of plant-based milks like almond, and oats. Check out more of their products here.